Fabric Guide: What Is Modal Fabric?
Date Posted:28 May 2020
Modal is revolutionizing the fashion industry with its lightweight, stretchy, silky smooth to touch, and breathable nature. Modal fabric is a semi-synthetic fabric, the manufacturing process involves spinning reconstituted cellulose from beech trees. The
Modal is revolutionizing the fashion industry with its lightweight, stretchy, silky smooth to touch, and breathable nature. Modal fabric is a semi-synthetic fabric, the manufacturing process involves spinning reconstituted cellulose from beech trees. The wood fibers are pulped into liquid form and then forced through tiny holes, creating the fiber and turns it into an eco-conscious, durable option for clothing and housewares. Modal is considered a luxurious textile thanks to both its soft feel and high cost, as it is more expensive than either cotton or viscose.
12 Benefits to Using and Wearing Modal Fabric
Modal is considered a luxury textile and is often used to blend with other fabrics to give a high-end feel with its lightness and softness.
- Stretchy. Modal’s flexibility makes it ideal for items like scarves, and t-shirts
- Soft. Modal has incredibly soft touch.
- Breathable. Since it’s made from trees, it is naturally breathable.
- Water absorbent. Modal is 50% more absorbent than cotton.
- Durable. Modal is very strong because of the tight weave. Fabric made with modal resists pilling and shrinking.
- Drapes well. Modal has a beautiful drape that makes it ideal for clothing.
- Eco-friendly. Modal is made from regenerative plants.
- Doesn’t pill. The fabric resists pilling and has a smooth finish that makes it ideal for everyday wear and use.
- Colorfast. The fabric absorbs dye in warm water and does not bleed dye during the laundering process.
- Doesn’t shrink. Modal is much less likely to shrink in the wash.
- It doesn’t crease. Modal resists wrinkles and will stay smooth with minimal ironing.
- Super Soft. Modal is known for being super soft.
How Do You Care for Modal Fabric?
Modal can be cared for with the same guidelines you use for cotton. You can wash it in any temperature, and tumble dry in accordance with the directions on the label. Avoid chlorine bleach as it can weaken the fiber. However, with a scarf, we always recommend hand washing, as it is a delicate fabric.
Modal fabric is softer, and therefore items made from these fabrics are considered even more luxurious.
#ModalScarf #Scarf #Scarves #ModalScarves #Unisex #unisexScarf #UnisexScarves #ReversibleScarf #ReversibleScarves